credit cards and secret key

tomjohnson
tomjohnson
Community Member

using windows. just tried to download and use android app. requests my secret key before i can login. happens either using app or using chrome browser on my cellphone. i thought this was supposed to be stored in safety deposit box? how often might it be requested?

read on google play app comments. apparently you cannot fill out a credit card if i am making a purchase? if correct when will this be fixed? also is this the same on windows using my computer, and on android using an app (for example on a pizza companys app), and on cellphone on a website using chrome?
thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android & windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tomjohnson!

how often might it be requested?

You will have to enter your Secret Key the first time you configure 1Password on a new device ;) Afterwards, you will be able to unlock 1Password just with your Master Password.

And you are correct about filling: currently the mobile apps can fill Logins, but you can fill credit cards in the 1Password desktop apps :+1:

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member

about credit cards, u missed my asking when it will be fixed.

so if on my android cell, only option is to lookup credit card in your android app or in crome on my cell, then cut and paste?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@tomjohnson:

about credit cards, u missed my asking when it will be fixed.

We don't have a date to share yet, sorry! But I will pass your request to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#87

so if on my android cell, only option is to lookup credit card in your android app or in crome on my cell, then cut and paste?

You could also use split screen mode with drag and drop ;) This section of the documentation shows you how it works.

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member

i am vry surprised that credit cards are not avail. you said u will forward to developers. i would have thought tons of people would have asked for that.

curious, does that work with iphones?
    thanks

• Hi @tomjohnson, our developers are working hard to make 1Password for Android fit the needs of our users, but there are other priorities at the moment.

Apple does have this feature with a 1Password extension, but Apple is created with very strict guidelines so its functionality works very smoothly when implementing a feature. As for Android, it's very flexible in how it can be used, so it's much harder to allow for all the different implementations.

This discussion has been closed.