To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

After adding a family membership - I now have two instances of each password

Options
Yogevs
Yogevs
Community Member

I'm an old 1Password users (I think since version 5). I have a vault on Dropbox.
I created a family subscription and (I guess?) migrated the Dropbox vault.
Now, I have two instances of each account. I guess I need to delete the Dropbox vault? But I'm scared :).
Is this actually what I need to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Yogevs

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I can understand the hesitation. I'd be happy to help you through how to do this safely. The first thing I would recommend would be verifying that you can sign in at https://start.1password.com/ in your web browser and from there you are able to see all of your data. If you can this tells us the migration was successful and Dropbox is no longer needed. In that case, we can proceed. If that does not happen as expected please stop here and write back. :)

Once we know your data has been migrated we can remove the Dropbox vault from the app(s). Instructions for that can be found here:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please note that this doesn't actually delete any data from Dropbox, it just removes it from 1Password. After you've done that, if you're satisfied that everything is working, you can delete the sync file (.agilekeychain / .opvault) from Dropbox.

Ben

P.S. If you haven't already I would highly recommend printing a copy of your Emergency Kit. :+1:

• Yogevs
    Yogevs
    Community Member
    Options

Would it make sense to leave the file on Dropbox for backup?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Yogevs:

Probably not much, since it would not contain all the changes from today forward. It would be easier to use the 1Password.com item history feature if you need to revert an item to a previous version:

View and restore previous versions of items

This discussion has been closed.