Face ID unlock from quick pop up

pinnz
pinnz
Community Member

The app should allow for Face ID when you type in the password in the quick access. So when I’m on a website, and I have to type in the password when 1password slides up from the keyboard. I should be able to unlock the Face ID

Right now, no matter how many times I enter the password in the quick screen. It won’t allow for Face ID use until I actually open the app and type in the password there.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pinnz! Welcome to the forum!

You can already do this :+1: Just make sure you unlock the full 1Password app at least once, so that also the autofill extension can then be unlocked with Face ID ;)

• pinnz
    pinnz
    Community Member

That’s what I mean though. I have to go into the app. when I restart the phone, my first prerogative isn’t to open 1password. So I usually meet it when I go to log in on a website. And each time I have to enter my long string on my device, when I have the option to use Face ID on. So it should allow Face ID anytime I enter the password, not just by going to the app

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinnz:

I am afraid that it will be necessary to open the full 1Password app at least once: password autofill is an extension to the main app, and my understanding is that iOS only allows extensions to use Face ID when the main app has been unlocked at least once. It's the main app that handles the unlock method, and the autofill extension is not allowed to change this.

• pinnz
    pinnz
    Community Member

Ah, iOS issues. Gotcha. Ok no problem then. Maybe one day we can live in a happier place where extensions, thanks for the proper name, can do more.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinnz:

Every new iOS version adds a lot of new features, so fingers crossed for sure :)

This discussion has been closed.