sharing

Options

i think that if i want to share with a family member it works this way. if i have folder 'utilities' and i want to share some of thoese logins, i have to move those OUT of the utilities folder and into 'shared vault'. i cannnot just click to share. problem: when i am paying utilities, i may forget that two have been moved out of this folder, and my forget to pay them.
am i correct the way it works? thanks
only other option i see is to put all utilities into shared vault, even though i prefer not to share all
suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tomjohnson!

problem: when i am paying utilities, i may forget that two have been moved out of this folder, and my forget to pay them.

I am not sure I follow this part, could you please elaborate? Are you using your list of Logins as a reminder for which utilities to pay?

only other option i see is to put all utilities into shared vault, even though i prefer not to share all

suggestions?

Have you considered using a separate Utilities vault, which you can then share with other people appropriately?

Create and share vaults

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

folder utilities, i probably should have named 'bills' instead

i know at first of month i have to pay bills. but yes, i need to see list or i may forget one

i want to share some of them, in case i am disabled, so someone else can pay

but there are some i do not want to share. for example, maybe i would rather get a late fee than someone see how much i pay for cable tv. or car payment, etc.

so for folder named utilities, how can i share just some?
    thanks

• Hey @tomjohnson. You cannot share individual items; you can share vaults. As an alternative to your current approach, you might consider a "Shared" vault but then use tags for purposes of organization, like labeling items with Bills, for example. If you view All Vaults and then click the tag in the sidebar, you'll see all the items in your All Vaults view that have that tag. :smile:

https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/

This discussion has been closed.