Unable to enable the privacy integration

Options
SirSpidey
SirSpidey
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm unable to set up the integration with Privacy.com. When I connect my account from the privacy.com site, i see

"Unable to enable the Privacy integration. Please try again later."

This has happened every time over the last 2 days. Can you help from this side?

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-9 (70700009)
Extension Version: 1.22.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Are you in the USA? Only available there at present. As a user in the UK, I'm waiting for it to be introduced elsewhere.

• jmhage
    jmhage
    Community Member
    Options

I also had this issue. I was using the Chrome 1Password X extension and I am in the US. I also have the 1Password X in the new Chromium based Edge browser, tried adding the integration there and it worked.

Now I get the dialog box to add a Privacy Card but when I click Create and Fill, the following console error appears: privacy-create-dialog.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'token' of undefined. If I click on the stacktrace in Chrome devtools, I see Could not load content for webpack:///privacy-create-dialog.js (HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME).

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Heya folks!

I'd love to help you all get on your way to making some virtual cards! First could you check to make sure you're using the latest version of 1Password X, currently 1.22.1 for Stable, and 1.22.4 for Beta. If you're still encountering issues, if you wouldn't mind sending a copy of your extension logs to support+x@1password.com we can get you fixed up.

To grab those logs we have a support article detailing how, https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/.

If need to email, mention me and/or this forum post so I can jump in!

• jmhage
    jmhage
    Community Member
    Options

@nickmcguire I reproduced the issue but the extension console log (background page) doesn't have anything. Only the main chrome DevTools show a stacktrace each time I try to click Create and Fill

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmhage It sounds to me like the list of funding sources isn't coming back as we expect it to be. Within Privacy do you have a valid funding source setup? If so, and you're comfortable in the background page, I'd love to see what we're getting back from the Privacy API in this case.

• jmhage
    jmhage
    Community Member
    Options

@nickmcguire ah, I do not have a valid funding source setup. Didn’t know I needed to do that - I’m new to Privacy.com and just followed the instructions from 1Password to set it up. Maybe that should be added to the documentation :smile:

• SirSpidey
    SirSpidey
    Community Member
    Options

@nickmcguire @danco Thanks for the posts and suggestions. I re-enabled today and it just worked with no other changes on my part.

FWIW, 1Password's "Create a privacy card" option doesn't display for Amazon.com, but does work in a couple of other sites I tried.

• @jmhage were you able to ultimately get Privacy integration set up? :smile:

@SirSpidey interestingly I'm having issues getting the inline menu to show on Amazon.com in general — does that mirror your experience, or do you see the inline menu but without the Privacy option?

• SirSpidey
    SirSpidey
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_michaelc I don't see any 1P menu options in Amazon either.

• Thanks, @SirSpidey. Upon further review, I discovered the issue is that the 1Password inline menu is showing up behind the pop-up to add a card, so I've submitted a report to our development team to do further investigation on this.

ref: dev/core/core#2998

• SirSpidey
    SirSpidey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for pursuing that @ag_michaelc.

• You're very welcome, @SirSpidey. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

This discussion has been closed.