Copy when filling in form

Options
pinnz
pinnz
Community Member

1password should copy when filling in a form, maybe not from the quick keyboard for security reasons, but at least when using the quick card pop up.
Some sites don’t allow filling in a form, and so it will be clutch to also have it copy.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pinnz!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "copy when filling in a form"? Would you also be able to post a screenshot of the "quick card pop up", so we can make sure we understand what you are referring to? Thank you!

• pinnz
    pinnz
    Community Member
    Options

I’m talking about this screen. When you press the key on the keyboard. I have a video as well if needed.
    So basically when I click that to fill the form, it should also copy the password in case the form doesn’t take the auto fill.

• Thanks @pinnz. We try to avoid using the clipboard unless necessary. I just tried saving and then filling a Login item for rototrade.com, and it filled successfully. Are you having trouble with this site? If so, saving a new Login may help.

Thanks!

Ben

• pinnz
    pinnz
    Community Member
    Options

No it wasn’t that site, it was with epicgames.com I believe. I don’t remember, it’s happened a few times and I always meant to comment on it.
    I did today realize that I could swipe on the extensions card and show details and copy from there. So at least I don’t have to close the form, then go to the app then back to where the form is.

• Thanks. :) That may indeed be a valid workaround. Generally speaking the actual filling of the form is handled by iOS itself, rather than by 1Password directly. As such we have less direct control on that platform to fix filling issues. That said, we do occasionally find that creating a new Login item will help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.