How to launch 1password main windows with shortcut

Dixie_Simpson
Dixie_Simpson
Community Member

Preferences

In 1Password Preferences (screenshot above), I have different shortcut for Show 1Password and Fill login or Show 1Password, but it turns out both shortcut would bring me the mini window (screenshot below) all the time, no matter the active foreground window was Chrome, Safari or any other non-browser app. Aren't the two shortcuts supposed to show the main window and the mini window respectively?

the 1Password mini window

Am I setting something wrong? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:launch 1password main windows with shortcut

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dixie_Simpson! Welcome to the forum!

You are not doing anything wrong :) Both shortcuts open 1Password mini, you are right. The difference is that if you are on a website and use the Fill login shortcut, it will fill your credentials on the website, or open 1Password mini if there is no form. The Show 1Password shortcut instead opens 1Password mini in any case, no matter where you are.

• Dixie_Simpson
    Dixie_Simpson
    Community Member

Hi, @ag_ana, thank you for the explanation.

I found out that Keyboard shortcuts options of 1Password are actually same on Windows and Mac, except for Open 1Password app, which is only available on Windows app.

But why? The Open 1Password app shortcut is quite useful, I use it on Windows all the time. To have the same keyboard combination also Open 1Password app on Mac, now I have to set it up with some third party app.

• @Dixie_Simpson

An "Open 1Password app" shortcut isn't part of our spec for the apps. If the Windows app has one, that must be something our Windows development took on themselves. That said I'd be happy to suggest to our Mac team that they consider doing the same. :+1:

Ben

ref: /dev/dev-docs/b5book/-/blob/master/clients/user_interface/global_keyboard_shortcut.md

This discussion has been closed.