Is it possible to import cards created on privacy.com into your 1Password vault?

I'm loving the new integration with Privacy.com. I know you provide an option for creating a virtual card within 1PW, but is it possible to synchronize your cards created on Privacy.com into the 1PW Vault.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 1.22.4
OS Version: OS X 11
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:privacy.com

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited October 2020

Hey @DBLClick. :smile: This isn't something currently supported, but I'd be happy to let the team know this is something you'd like to see in the future.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#342

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Well on the same note, I was trying to enter a Privacy Card for a site, but because it was done previously to 1password integration is always shows up in suggestion. Is there some secret when 1password makes a card on privacy it doesn't show in suggestion. Can I enable this same behavior on a privacy Virtual Credit Card and only see it when it's on sight or searched for?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DBLClick ,

Creating a credit card item manually will automatically make it globally available, which means 1Password will suggest it on every website.
    I don't think there's currently a way to restrict credit cards to show up on a specific website other than creating them via the Privacy.com integration feature, but here's something you can test:

1. Open your 1Password.
    2. Select one of your Privacy.com cards and duplicate it.
    3. In the new copy that was created, edit it and replace its details with a different privacy card you have before the integration. Make sure to replace the website's URL.
    4. Test and see if that new duplicated card works only on that specific website URL or if it shows up on all websites.
  • DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Thank you, well this idea was both clever but yielded mixed result. The duplicate does stop the card from showing in suggestions, but I do not see where you can replace the specific website URL. So it doesn't display on the site.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

Thanks for testing @DBLClick ,

Unfortunately I'm kind of flying blind here as I don't have Privacy.com available where I'm from, so forgive me for not having a straight answer.
    You can try creating a new field in the main area of the credit card item called "website", then input the URL in that field to see if it works.

Other than that, I don't think there's a way to do what you're asking, in which Case ag_michaelc already filed it as a feature request above and hopefully we'll see it in a future update :)

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

This is the funny part, I'm using a mac with several browsers all using 1PW. The 1PWX shows the website, but when you try to edit them it opens the web page and it's hidden on my section. I'm unable to edit them Using 1PW Desktop app the credit card doesn't show the website both in browser or editing. I do see that is a problem, because when I go to the site it was created for both cards shows up.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the quick update.

In that case the website URL was not meant to be edited or created manually. We'll have to wait for that feature request to be implemented :)

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Makes sense. Keep up the great work.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Will do :+1:

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Final Update, with your assistance. I was finally able to get the copy to work. My version of 1PW for windows has the ability to modify the credit card URL.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

That's quite interesting @DBLClick , thanks for reporting back.

This discussion has been closed.