Desktop Windows app does not recognize master password

Options

I opened a new 1Password account today and my master password works fine both online (with 1PasswordX on Microsoft Edge) and on my Android cell phone with the app. However, I downloaded the desktop Windows app (to my Surface Book 2 with Windows 10), which does not accept my master password and will not open. What do I need to do to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lee_in_PA,

Thank you for reaching out!

Have you used 1Password 7 for Windows on this computer previously? With a different account maybe? If you have, please try to start over with 1Password 7 for Windows and sign in to your account from scratch after that.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• VoodooRS
    VoodooRS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there i have the same problem changed my pc an install a fresh new version of 1password for windows.
    Version 7.6.783
    I scanned by picture the QR Code and all Data right.
    I take my MasterPassword that works on the old PC, the Iphone and on Weblogin also.
    But on the totaly new installed Version not.
    Whats wrong !?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VoodooRS, thank you for chipping in!

If you can sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser, please try to do the following:

1) Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in your browser.

2) Click your name in the top right, select Get the Apps, and then click the blue button under step two that says "Already have the app? Add your account directly." Allow this link to open 1Password for Windows.

3) That will fill all of your sign-in credentials in 1Password 7 for Windows, except your Master Password. Enter your Master Password, click Sign In.

Are you able to sign in to your account this way? Please let me know. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Lee_in_PA
    Lee_in_PA
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a million, Greg.....the "Start Over" procedure worked perfectly and I'm now operational on all three fronts.

• VoodooRS
    VoodooRS
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I have tried it before, without success.
    I have now rebooted the computer, maybe that was my problem. After the reboot, the variant you described it works fine. So my Problem is solved thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lee_in_PA: Great news! :) I am glad to hear that it worked.

@VoodooRS: Thank you for the update. It is good that you were able to sign in to your account after a reboot. :+1:

Please let me know if you have any further questions about 1Password. I will be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.