App logging out when?

Options
andx1pw
andx1pw
Community Member

I have tried to set the app to stay logged in for as long as possible. It is still often asking me for the manual password.

When and why is that happening?

Comments

• Hi @andx1pw

I'm sorry to hear this isn't working as you're expecting. When you're asked for the Master Password, is there also a fingerprint icon on the screen? If so, does tapping that bring up Quick Unlock (Touch ID / Face ID / PIN)?

Also, could you please check your settings to be sure 1Password > Settings > Security > Lock on Exit is turned OFF?

Thanks!

Ben

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

In most instances there isn't but I do get Face-ID sometimes, so I know that it is working. But mostly it looks like some kind of safety period has passed that I have to manually re-enter the password.

Lock on exit was and is off. But I cannot switch off Auto-Lock that is set to 1hr.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2020
    Options

But I cannot switch off Auto-Lock that is set to 1hr.

Correct; it isn't possible to set this for longer than 1 hour. That said, if Quick Unlock is working correctly you should be prompted for Quick Unlock (e.g. Face ID) rather than only having the option to unlock with your Master Password.

In most instances there isn't but I do get Face-ID sometimes, so I know that it is working. But mostly it looks like some kind of safety period has passed that I have to manually re-enter the password.

Is the prompt for Master Password (with no button for Quick Unlock) happening inside the 1Password app, or inside another app (such as Safari)? In order to unlock 1Password data within other apps using Quick Unlock, the main 1Password app has to be unlocked first. The reason for this is a bit technical but it relates to the face that the autofill feature doesn't currently have the necessary ability to store the secret needed to keep 1Password unlocked in the iOS keychain. If where you're seeing this is in apps other than the 1Password app, it may help to launch and unlock the 1Password app before you go to those other apps.

Please let me know.

Ben

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, unlock the app first. I'll have an eye out for that.

And how often should I have to do that?
    Is there any reset feature apart from the obvious, after a phone restart?

• After a restart, yes. Also any time the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password timer is reached.

Ben

• andx1pw
    andx1pw
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben,

That was set to restart only. So, it seems that all my settings had already been as tight/lax as I want them to be.

Let us close this case, let me monitor this for a while, and I may get back to you here if and when I need further help.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. Thanks @andx1pw. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.