Autofill icon not showing up for test forms Chromium Edge/Brave

EE_Kraig
EE_Kraig
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm thinking about switching from PasswordBoss and have been testing things out. I'm trying the autofill here:

https://roboform.com/filling-test-all-fields

and it doesn't work. When I focus on the fields on the left, only when I focus on the E-mail field does the 1Password icon and popup show. I've tried a couple other test pages and they don't seem to work either. Password Boss does put it's icon on almost every field. No not enabled at the same time.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Win10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• EE_Kraig
    EE_Kraig
    Community Member

OK here's another one.
    https://ump.onlinepaymentcenter.net/Account/Search

No icons in the fields at all. When I click the icon in the toolbar and autofill, it only fills the DOB and incorrectly. Mine is 5/15/1973 and it fills 10/63/1526

• EE_Kraig
    EE_Kraig
    Community Member

This seems like a large systemic problem. I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue. Different browsers, different computers. Here's SignUpGenius:

But if I click the toolbar icon it fills.

• Hey @EE_Kraig. :smile: We don't show 1Password in every type of field. DOB is one such type of field.

What's the issue you're running into on SignUpGenius? I am able to save and fill a login on this page properly.

For the Online Payment Center, which type of item are you trying to fill? A Login item? An Identity item?

ref: dev/core/core#2977

• EE_Kraig
    EE_Kraig
    Community Member

I understand that you don't show in every field, I was saying how the DOB filled incorrectly. But I don't want to get hung up on that or a specific page. Filling an Identity is basically not working for me at all on just about every page I've tried. @ag_michaelc Try the roboform test page that I linked in the OP. On the left column of items, only the email field shows the inline 1P icon when I focus on it, NONE of the others.

In summary, it's the Identity Items that don't seem to work.

• Yes, there's room for further improvement here. Currently the 1Password icon doesn't show in these sort of identity fields, but filling should work from the pop-up. If you visit http://fill.1pw.co/ are you able to fill an Identity item properly from the 1Password pop-up?

• EE_Kraig
    EE_Kraig
    Community Member

Yes the filling works on that page if I either focus on the email field or use the toolbar. Why does the inline icon only show on the email field? I would think it would on the basic fields, firstname, lastname, address...

• Hey @EE_Kraig. Those fields aren't currently part of the analysis the filling Brain performs. I'd like to see it in those fields, too, so I'll make sure the development team hears your feedback.

ref: dev/core/core#409

This discussion has been closed.