Autofill with multiple credentials fields (client ID, username and password)

BenjaminHD
BenjaminHD
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there

We recently made the switch from Lastpass to 1Password and we have been enjoying the change.

There is a service that we use regularly that requires the following credentials:

Client ID
Username
Password

1Password recognises the password field. But it inserts the username into the client ID field. I have to manually cut and paste the inserted username into the correct field and manually type the client ID into its field.

After the smooth awesomeness of 1Password's autofill, this approach feels frustrating.

Lastpass has a way to customise the entry of credentials when there are multiple credentials fields.

How can I configure 1Password to enter the required data into all 3 fields?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X v1.22.1
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BenjaminHD! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please share with us the URL to this form so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• BenjaminHD
    BenjaminHD
    Community Member

Hi there! Thank you for your response. Here is the URL

https://transact.nab.com.au/nabtransact/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BenjaminHD:

Thank you! I was able to get 1Password to fill all three fields at the same time :+1: Can you please try saving the login manually in the browser and see if that works?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

That's the process I followed, so I am hoping it will work for you too :)

• BenjaminHD
    BenjaminHD
    Community Member

Thank you. I am using 1Password X. Does this work using that extension?

• Hello @BenjaminHD thank you for the clarification. To make 1Password X fill correctly on your website, could you please follow the steps here to add a new custom field?

Click on the 1Password X icon on the browser toolbar > Search for Nab's website > Edit > Add this exact text to label merchantid > Enter your Client ID in the new field > Save.

• BenjaminHD
    BenjaminHD
    Community Member

Fantastic! It worked!

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of nhat_1P, you are welcome @BenjaminHD! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.