To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

switching from one license to another

Nayahuaska
Nayahuaska
Community Member

Hello,
For a few years, I was using a friend's license. A few weeks ago, I decided to buy my own license. Using through the app on my phone is working fine, and I was able to log into my Mac through my search engine. But I would like to connect through the application on my Mac but I don't know how to switch the license. Thank you for helping me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Hi @Nayahuaska! Welcome to the forum!

Using through the app on my phone is working fine, and I was able to log into my Mac through my search engine.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "logging into your Mac through your search engine"? Thank you!

• Nayahuaska
    Nayahuaska
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Thank you :)
    I can connect to 1password like any other website via Google Chrome. I'm trying to switch my license to the application 1password on my Mac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nayahuaska:

Thank you for the clarification! Since you mentioned being able to login to 1Password in Chrome, I assume you are using a 1Password Membership. In this case, you can add your account information to the 1Password for Mac app with these steps:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Afterwards, your 1Password for Mac app will be activated with your account information :+1:

• Nayahuaska
    Nayahuaska
    Community Member

OK, I found it. But when I enter the information, it says "No response code was received from the server.
    Try Again."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nayahuaska:

What value are you entering in the Sign In Address field?

• Nayahuaska
    Nayahuaska
    Community Member

I enter "https://my.1password.com"
    I also tried the QR code but it doesn't work either

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

To make sure we're on the same page, you'd need to enter all of your 1Password account credentials in order to sign in there, but you would only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password membership. Have you done that? If so, you can find that information from your Emergency Kit, or in the app/browser where you are already signed in:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Let me know how it goes. :)

• Nayahuaska
    Nayahuaska
    Community Member

Yes of course, I bought a license and use the app on my smartphone. I went to the settings to collect the account information, and I transcribed in the application of my Macbook the connection address, email address, secret key and master password but I have this message displayed: "No response code was received from the server. Please try again"
    I specify it is version 6.3 of 1password which is currently on my Macbook, maybe this is the problem?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nayahuaska:

I specify it is version 6.3 of 1password which is currently on my Macbook, maybe this is the problem?

Thank you for the additional information! This is indeed the problem. You will need to use 1Password 6.6 or later in order to add a 1Password account to the app. Version 6.3 is now very old, so we require a more recent version of the app for security reasons :+1:

• Nayahuaska
    Nayahuaska
    Community Member

I installed 1password 7.
    Problem solved ! thank you very much !

• Great! Thank you for the update @Nayahuaska. I'm glad to hear updating 1Password helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.