Is the 1Password/Privacy.com integration somehow geo-blocked?

I am a happy 1pX and Privacy.com user of many months, so was very happy to see the integration announced!

But... it doesn't seem to work for me: I logged in to Privacy as directed and pushed the button; it said the connection has been made. But when I go to websites with credit card fields, there is no available option to use Privacy. The 1pX settings page doesn't have anything other than a "turn on" button which redirects me back to Privacy, which says the connection is made.

What am I missing here? Is there a geo-ip block preventing functionality when a machine is not in the US or something? Because I use VPNs.

(I am assuming that I can enable the connection once and then [a] be able to log out of Privacy.com and have it still work, and [b] that the connection will be usable from other computers on my account using 1pX, once the connection is made at my account level. Let me know if either of those assumptions are incorrect.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Fedora 32 / Firefox 80
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @j_son

At the moment, Privacy.com is limited to users in the United States. So for now, you’ll need to be in the States to use this integration. We won’t put words in Privacy’s mouth, but do keep an eye out for announcements about new countries.

No doubt it would be great if in the future they could offer the service in Canada and elsewhere as well. :)

Ben

• j_son
    j_son
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply! I am aware Privacy.com is not available outside the US currently. I am already an established privacy user.

Is there any technical limitation on the 1pX-Privacy integration that would keep me from using this feature? Because I just don't see the option to generate a privacy card appearing and I'm wondering if it's based on geography (or if I've done it wrong, or am trying it on the wrong website, etc).

• Hello @j_son, there is no technical limitation, and you should be able to create a new Privacy card even if you are not in the states. Privacy will refuse payment and doesn't let you add a funding source if your card or bank is not from the states. That being the case, could you please send me a screenshot of the integrations setting in 1Password X? You can find instructions on how to create a screenshot on your platform from here: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/. Please remember to cover all your personal information before sending me a screenshot.

• j_son
    j_son
    Community Member

I disabled it and re-enabled it and it started working. The first time I tried it, I got a confirmation from the Privacy side but did not see an "Add to 1Password?" box. The second time, I did.

I guess Privacy thought 1pX got set up properly, but the integration didn't complete properly?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the info @j_son !
    We're glad to hear things are working after disabling and re-enabling it. Sounds like something might have gotten stuck there.

If you do encounter the issue again, let us know before you fix it so we can gather some logs from 1Password X and see if we can improve it.

This discussion has been closed.