Auto Categorise

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

Is it possible to automatically categorise the logins and passwords based on AI as we have the site addresses? I understand this is not possible for everything but as much as possible.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Abhijit

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'categorise the logins and passwords based on AI' here. Could you please further explain what you're looking to have happen? Perhaps an example would be helpful?

Thanks.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

I agree I have confused you by putting the screenshot. What I meant was can we have auto tags, or categories to segregate the stored login and pw automatically based on the links. We know which are bank related, credit card related, universities, hotels etc. We already get the icons also from the respective sites.

I am sure we must have given a thought to it or already doing it if I am missing something.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• I see; thanks for clarifying. I'm not sure how 1Password would know what tags to apply based on URL, beyond maintaining a database relating URLs to tags. That may be something we could do for some subset of the internet (e.g. the 1,000 most popular websites). Perhaps we could store this information alongside the Rich Icon database we maintain. We'll have to keep an eye out to see what sort of interest there would be from our customer base for something like this.

As for categories... generally if it has a URL, username, and password you'll want to save it in the Logins category, not e.g. the Bank Accounts category. The Bank Accounts template only has banking related information, such as account numbers, routing numbers, branch info, etc. It does not have the information needed to actually fill credentials into a website.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for considering the suggestion @Ben. Yes even 1000 sites database will help a lot along with rich icon database.

Customer delight!

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• You're very welcome. I will suggest to the development team that they consider building such a feature. :)

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#351

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this is an Enhancement Request. See the possibilities of pre-seeding must have things. Thought needs to be give to it though end to end.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Ben
    Options

Understood. Thanks! :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.