Roadmap

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Mac
  1. Is there a place where I can see the roadmap for one password? I would like to know what new features and functionality is coming.

2. Also Is there a mechanism where we can vote for the features based on what we need so that those will be prioritised in development?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Abhijit

We do not have a public roadmap nor a voting system. We gather feedback from customers through various sources (e.g. here, emails, social media, etc). That feedback does weigh in when deciding which features to implement or which bugs require prioritization, however that feedback is not the sole deciding factor. As such, publishing a voting system may give the wrong idea.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben!

On similar lines what is the mechanism to know what's new? How I will come to know about the user behaviour change required because of the new feature introduced? Where can one find the new features released in last one year?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• @Abhijit

Our release notes explain the changes that are made in each version. You can read those as you install updates, or where that isn't an option (such as with the 1Password.com service itself) you can find them at https://app-updates.agilebits.com

:)

Ben

• scottisloud
    scottisloud
    Community Member

Mercifully, I've always found that 1Password publishes very clear and comprehensive release notes for every release!

Thankfully they haven't fallen into the trend of so many companies who now simply resort to to the "We update our app every few weeks to bring you the best features and performance" release notes that communicate absolutely nothing. Hard for a change or new feature in 1Password to slip through the cracks and NOT appear in the release notes!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Incidentally I just seen below as new feature in the latest and greatest release.:

1Password now shows a “What’s New“ window to highlight major new features after a significant upgrade. {#4343}

Good to know that we are now increasing the channel to communicate to users. Hardly users have time to go to release notes and read. Everything should be more intuitive.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Abhijit Do you have 1Password for Mac? If you do, you can review the Release Notes by going to the Help Menu and selecting Release Notes.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Yes I do have and it is very special to me.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.