To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Verify your email and secret key

Options
ThatFab
ThatFab
Community Member

Hi,

1password app keeps asking me to login but it won't accept my master key, it says (it's in french)
"La clé secrète pour cette adresse e-mail doit commencer par : A3-J2VEV7."
But my secret key doesn't look like this and i can connect on 1password.com with it
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCould
Referrer: forum-search:master key

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ThatFab

Did your account go through recovery? Or have you ever had a different account added to 1Password for Mac? In any event, you can reset 1Password for Mac so that you can re-add your account using the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data option. Note that this will delete any 1Password data that is only on the Mac (i.e. not on 1Password.com). Then you can re-enter your credentials from the welcome screen. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ThatFab
    ThatFab
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your answer, i used this method and now on the first login screen i get the same message : "La clé secrète pour cette adresse e-mail doit commencer par : A3-J2VEV7."

• Ben
    Options

@ThatFab

Are you scanning your details from your Emergency Kit? If not, could you please give that a try?

Ben

• ThatFab
    ThatFab
    Community Member
    Options

yes i did, it doesn't work and the key in my emergency kit doesn't start by A3-J2VEV7...
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

@ThatFab

Could you please email me what you're entering for the sign-in address? You can send it to support+forum@1password.com. In the email please also include a link to this thread, so we can 'connect the dots:"

https://1password.community/discussion/116144/verify-your-email-and-secret-key#latest

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.