Ignore Specific Site

Is it possible to have 1Password not prompt to save passwords on specific sites (but still prompt on others?). There are a few critical sites as well as test sites that I don't actually save in my 1Password vault, but 1PW helpfully prompts me every time I log in. Just wondering if there's a way to turn off the prompt for specific sites, but leave the default on to prompt others?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @macros,

You can add such websites to Autosave exception list in 1Password 7 > Settings > Browsers > Autosave:

If you add the website to this list, unlock 1Password, and sign in to your account on that website, 1Password should not prompt you to save a Login item.

Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

@Greg I've been using 1Password for like 7 years and never knew that was there. Thanks so much for pointing it out!!!

• I'm glad Greg was able to help, @macros! One tidbit worth knowing with this, too, is that this list of excluded sites is encrypted as part of your 1Password database. After all, it kind of hints at the sites you visit so not the best idea to leave it kicking around in plain text. This means that if 1Password is locked, it will still prompt you to save on these sites because it can't read that list. So long as 1Password is unlocked, though, it should stop bugging you on sties you've excluded. :+1:

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

@bundtkate Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why it occasionally still prompted me to save and other times it didn't. I'm not really worried about the sites I have on the list, but I can appreciate why they'd be encrypted.

Just to confirm, there's no mechanism to prevent the prompt on specific sites when 1PW is still locked? I'm very happy there's a way to ignore them and if I just have to deal with the unlocking, I certainly will. Really appreciate all of your help with these little questions!

• There isn't any workaround for prompting while locked, @macros. The only way to avoid them is to disable autosave entirely and that's generally not a practical choice just for the sake of a few sites.

Depending on your environment, though, you might manage a better experience by tweaking your autolock settings. One thing I have on my list of "things I wish I did sooner" was essentially handing off locking 1Password to Windows. My 1Password only locks when my PC locks. This has the effect of 1Password being unlocked pretty much any time I'm sitting at my PC. The reason this works for me is largely thanks to my own habits – I worked in a crowded office long enough that a Windows + L is second nature to me before I get up from my desk – but if yours happen to be similar, such a system may work for you as well and limit the number of times you're actively using 1Password while it's locked.

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

Perfect idea @bundtkate! I can do that for a few of my personal machines and leave the normal lock on my work machines.

Thanks for the suggestion, and as always appreciate your time!

• It's no trouble at all, @macros! It honestly took me a good long while to get things set up exactly how I like them, so I'm always glad when what I've learned can help others. Enjoy, I hope it helps, and as always we'll be here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• gimp3695
    gimp3695
    Community Member

@bundtkate - Thank you for the tips. I do a lot of local web development so my url is http://localhost:3000, does this still work for such a case? I tried it real quick with just specifying "localhost", but that didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions on the format?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@gimp3695: If you change the format to ip_address:port, does it work? Please let me know.

++
    Greg

• gimp3695
    gimp3695
    Community Member

@Greg - I tried all of these options and in Chrome I still see the 1Password fill out prompt. I'm not sure if it takes a reset or ??

• gimp3695
    gimp3695
    Community Member

You cant see it all on the screen shot but I have two apps on 3000 and 3001

tried all permutations of 127.0.0.1:3000 (3001)
    http://127.0.01:3000 (3001)
    localhost:3000 (3001)
    http://localhost:3000 (3001)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gimp3695,

Sorry to hear that it didn't work! I will need to discuss this question with my team. Will get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gimp3695, sorry for the delay.

I talked to my team and it seems that ip_address:port or ip_address should work. Could you please make sure to unlock 1Password first?

Everything in in 1Password (including the contents of this exception list) is encrypted while 1Password is locked, so 1Password does not know what you data you have in this list until you unlock first. Does it prompt you to save on localhost websites, if you unlock 1Password first?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• gimp3695
    gimp3695
    Community Member

It was unlocked. Do I need to refresh the website after adding rules in? I’m pretty sure I did. Can I upload a video of it happening?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gimp3695:

If the video is smaller than 25 MB, please email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.