Latest beta resets TouchID on macOS 10.15.7

testastretta
testastretta
Community Member

Titles sums it up: latest upgrade reset my preference for unlocking with Touch ID. I had to go into Preferences and re-enable it.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-10 (70700010) 1Passwo
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1P
Referrer: forum-search:touch id preferences

Comments

• @testastretta,

Would it be possible for you to send in a Diagnostic Report? Your biometry preferences should have been directly migrated over prior to the update even showing you a biometry prompt.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

Hi,

I'd love to, but have no idea how to do that :)

Also: I just fired it up to try and send you that, and had to enter my master password. Checked Preferences, and TouchID is already selected. Definitely a bug with this latest version.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@testastretta:

Here are the instructions on how to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac. After you have generated one, please email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

Done. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @testastretta! Have you received a ticket number already?

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

[#RNU-93737-367]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@testastretta:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RNU-93737-367

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

For what it's worth, macOS updates sometimes also update the Secure Enclave's firmware, so that could certainly cause Touch ID to become unavailable (much as Touch ID or Face ID sometimes do after iOS updates). But I'm interested to look at the logs to see if they tell us anything interesting. Cheers! :)

• ssgelm
    ssgelm
    Community Member

I have been having the same problem across my 2 computers with the latest beta... Everything worked fine before this now at least half the time I don't get the option for Touch ID.

• @ssglem

A new beta is likely going to be released early next week. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues after updating. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.