Issue: The Save and Fill function populates the Old Password form instead of the new password form

Options
bear67512
bear67512
Community Member

In my attempt to update a new password, the save and fill function populates the old password field as with reference to the image above.
The steps that i have taken are as follows, [1] go to the 1password extension in safari, [2] find the account that i have and [3] click "Generate Password" and lastly [4] "Save and Fill" - the old password form gets populated instead.

This seems counter intuitive. Is there a copy button when i generate a new password that I can use or do i have to manually highlight the new password and copy instead?

Kind regards

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bear67512!

This is a known bug, our developers are aware of it. I have added your experience to the internal issue we use to track this :+1: For confirmation, what website is this happening with?

ref: dev/apple/issues#4880

• bear67512
    bear67512
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana thank you for your fast response. This screenshot is taken from Deviantart. So far, as I have been populating the passwords, this issue has been a recurrent for most of the websites i have attempted to change the password.

Kind regards.

p.s. I got this strange notification as I am responding to you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bear67512:

Thank you for the confirmation!

I got this strange notification as I am responding to you.

I checked your account, and things should be working fine now :)

• mtn_luc
    mtn_luc
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this exact same issue, on every website that I use the password generator to try to change my password. Same issue using both Safari and Chrome. I've used 1Password for many years - this is a new (and frustrating!) issue just in the past couple of months.

I recently convinced my partner to purchase 1Password - same issue for her. Additional problem for her is that all passwords that she then had to copy and paste (since 'save & fill' from 1P password generator didn't work properly) are now flagged as 'weak' passwords, even though they are strong passwords generated using the 1P password generator.

If this is a known bug, hopefully it gets fixed soon! Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @mtn_luc. I'm sorry you're running into this as well. We are aware of a difficulty with the change password flow that we hope to address soon. I've added you to our list of affected customers.

Ben

• rave_grn
    rave_grn
    Community Member
    Options

I just purchased 1password and am noticing the same thing. Frustrating, and now I'm not sure if I should reneg on my purchase. I can handle this, but not sure that others in my family can. When will this be fixed????

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020
    Options

@rave_grn:

I know that our developers are working on the filling logic all the time, and I know they are aware of the issue on password change pages. In the meantime, I have added your feedback to the internal discussion so they know this is happening to you too :+1:

• rave_grn
    rave_grn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ana. Also, I didn't realize that my profile name would be displayed as dkknopp. How do I change that????

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020
    Options

@rave_grn:

We can change it for you :) I will send you a private message here on the forum in a moment :+1:

This discussion has been closed.