Copy/Paste Multitasking Goes back to the Main Screen

jpartain89
jpartain89
Community Member
edited October 2020 in iOS

When I am having to go back and forth between 1Password and any other app, copying and pasting, for some reason the app goes back from that item to the root screen of the app.

Here’s a screen recording example

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jpartain89!

I am not able to reproduce this: when I copy an email address inside a login item, switch to another app and then back to 1Password, 1Password copies the password automatically, but it then remains on the same Login item without going back to the list.

What version of the 1Password for iOS app and of iOS itself are you running on this device?

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

iOS 14.2 (18B5061e) beta. 1Password 7.7 beta (70700008)

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

And, since you can’t reproduce it, it’s probably best to try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password, then.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jpartain89:

It might be worth trying a reboot first, perhaps we can save a few extra steps. For reference, I am also on iOS 14 (non beta though, but I don't think this would cause the difference we are seeing).

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

This issue has been persisting through a few reboots now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jpartain89:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you have another iOS device, it would be interesting to see if you are able to reproduce it there too, and see if this is something specific with this device or not.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

I sadly do not have another iOS device, but I did fully uninstall 1Password, and can confirm it happens on both the mainline version and the beta version of 1Password.

• @jpartain89

Could you please let me know what 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Always Open To is set to on the device you're having this trouble with?

Ben

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

its set to the parent of mine and my families vaults: "Justin Partain's Family", which is the shared vault and then my vault.

And super sorry for the super late response. Life sometimes gets in the way of things.

And yes, this same issue is still happening.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jpartain89:

I have received a report of a similar behavior recently, do you perhaps have more than one 1Password account added to the 1Password app?

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

No, but I do have my 1Password vault and then another, out-of-account vault that syncs with dropbox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jpartain89:

Thank you. I think this looks similar to the behavior reported in this discussion, and it looks like this is working by design.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

That theory doesn't play out, as I just removed the extra vault, so only my 1Password account is on my app, and it still jumps back to the category view.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jpartain89:

Thank you for the confirmation! This is interesting, so apparently it's my device that is not playing as expected. I will keep an eye out on this and see if we get other reports :+1:

This discussion has been closed.