[Cool Idea/Feature] New 1Password access experience.

ComputrExPrt
ComputrExPrt
Community Member

what if your homepage had 1password on it and you can access your logins right from the homepage (and no I don't mean manually putting "my.1password.com" into the homepage settings) and when you click on a website from that homepage that isn't logged in already, then it will auto-magically log you in, then redirect you to the original website. in summary (or TL;DR) it could be used to login automatically on supported websites just with one click, and access and edit 1password items with (once again) one click.

Whoever sees this in the future, first tell me if there are flying cars and laser doors, then tell me if 1password has gained this feature.

1Password Version: i dunno, 1pass 7
Extension Version: 1password x i think
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: 1password account thingy
Referrer: forum-search:1password home screen

Comments

• ComputrExPrt
    ComputrExPrt
    Community Member

if you understand what i mean by homepage i mean when you click new tab, open the browser, or use the home button.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ComputrExPrt!

I am not sure I understand your suggestion completely: you would like to see a list of your logins when you open a new browser tab, similar to what already happens when you open the browser extension?

• ComputrExPrt
    ComputrExPrt
    Community Member

no have a browser homepage where if you click on a shortcut for a website, it will automatically log you in.

example: you want to go search google, but you're not logged in, so you click on google on the homepage, and it logs in in the background without having to even autofill, just have it login to google in the background, then send you back to google.com once it's done logging in, then you can search with your google account being logged in, just by one click.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ComputrExPrt:

Thank you for the clarification! Even if what you are suggesting was possible, you would still need to unlock 1Password in order to use it anywhere first. So a one-click solution would probably not be feasible in the browser anyway I am afraid.

But I think that this is also a security decision too: our security team explained that autofilling credentials without the user explicit intervention on a page is a security risk, which is why 1Password always asks you to fill your credentials manually (you can read an explanation here if you are interested, for example). Since your suggestion would involve filling items automatically, I think this falls into the same scenario ;)

But if you have any security questions about the approach, please let me know and I will be happy to ask them to jump in :+1:

• ComputrExPrt
    ComputrExPrt
    Community Member

ok, thank you for at least looking at the message. when I used to use dashlane and I sent a feature request, the never respond, at least you guys respond, more cool ideas coming soon!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Keep the ideas coming @ComputrExPrt, thank you! We really appreciate anything that can help 1Password get better :)

This discussion has been closed.