1Password 7 in Safari not autofilling usbank.com

dcteas17
dcteas17
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

When I visit usbank.com and use Cmd+\ to Autofill the user name and password (or clicking the extension and the AutoFill button), the user name flashes in the field briefly before disappearing, and the password shows up and remains there. Clicking log in then indicates that that both fields need to be entered to log in. Similarly, manually typing in the user name and then autofilling the password causes the password dots to show up, but clicking login produces an error again saying "Enter password to log in". Copying and pasting does work.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dcteas17! Welcome to the forum!

I have tested the website in Safari and I could not reproduce the issue: 1Password filled both the username and password for me, and they remained there. I am running the latest beta of 1Password 7 (currently 7.7.BETA-10) so it's possible that this has been fixed in one of the latest updates.

If you would like to try it now, you are free to update to the beta already, otherwise please give this another try when the next stable update is released, and see if things start working for you again :+1:

• dcteas17
    dcteas17
    Community Member

I will do as you suggest and wait for the next stable release and give it a shot. Will post again if it's still not working for me. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @dcteas17, thank you! :+1: :)

• Sory ag_ana but you are just wrong. US Bank is a disaster with 1P in Brave. I doubt Safari works but "maybe" it does. But US Bank just updated their website and it causes 1p to freak out. At least in Brave. Want me to send a video showing how it fails miserably on that site? Also, it doesn't work any more on the Android app. Can we give US Bank another try because it does not work there 100%

• ag_michaelc
    edited October 2020

Hey @1Pisntwhatitusedtobe. I'm able to reproduce the issue of the username clearing in Brave — I'll get this submitted to the development team for further investigation. In the meantime, you should be able to use drag and drop to fill this login securely:

https://support.1password.com/1password-mini-mac/#use-drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-apps

You can also try using this URL, which seems to fill well for me:

https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login?redirect=internet_banking_logon

ref: dev/core/core#3159

• bdmathias
    bdmathias
    Community Member

Thanks ag_michaelc! I've been a 1Password user for so long and had no idea that drag & drop was a feature!

• You're very welcome, @bdmathias. Thanks for supporting us for the long haul. :smile:

• Any update on this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

@1Pisntwhatitusedtobe:

Not yet, sorry! I suggest you keep an eye out on the release notes though, when we address specific websites we always mention it there :+1:

Sory ag_ana but you are just wrong. US Bank is a disaster with 1P in Brave. I doubt Safari works but "maybe" it does.

Here is a video showing 1Password filling in Safari on that website :+1: (the only difference since my comment last month is that I am now running 7.7.BETA-13)

This discussion has been closed.