Firefox browser extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password won't open in Firefox.

Comments

• lldulin
    lldulin
    Community Member

Hello ag_ana,
    I am having the same problem. I use a MacBookPro, OS 10.15.6, 1Password7, version 7.6.
    Just installed the 1Password add-on for Firefox, which is now my default browser due to Safari problems. However, selecting the add-on is without result. 1Password does not open and appears locked. I can open 1Password from the desktop, but it will not autofill for any website. No error messages shown.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lldulin! Welcome to the forum!

I have split your comment into its own separate discussion to avoid confusion, since I am quite sure these are two different things: the other user was using the very old 1Password 4 app on Windows, while you are using the latest 1Password 7 app for Mac ;)

What version of the 1Password browser extension do you currently have installed?

• lldulin
    lldulin
    Community Member

I think it is: 1Password X, but how can one determine which 1Password browser extension is installed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lldulin:

You can open the about:addons page in Firefox, and you will see a list of your installed extensions. What is the name of the 1Password extension that you see there?

• lldulin
    lldulin
    Community Member

I have 1Password, not 1Password X. The extension is now partially functioning. It will go to a selected website's login page, but does not fill the required fields, nor does it offer the fill icon when the extension is recalled. One must cut and paste the user name and password to the required fields.

• @lldulin

Could you please verify that this extension is installed inside of Firefox?

https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.