1Password won't open in Firefox

The extension and auto update are enabled. Version is current. I've rebooted the laptop. But every time I click on the icon, both the shortcut and in the file location, the Circle of Death runs for about 1 second then stops. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BigButthead! Welcome to the forum!

Do you actually see any error message when you click on the extension? Or just a loading anymation?

• BigButthead
    BigButthead
    Community Member

Hi, ag_ana. Thanks for replying. No message at all. Just a brief circular animation and then it stops.

• BigButthead
    BigButthead
    Community Member

BTW, it's been working fine for years - until just a few days ago when the problem cropped up.

• BigButthead
    BigButthead
    Community Member

Sorry for the multiple replies. I keep posting when a thought occurs. I've considered reinstalling on my laptop but I'm not sure how that might affect all of my saved passwords.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BigButthead:

Reinstalling the app might help, and as long as you make sure not to delete the 1Password folder with your data, but just the app itself, your passwords won't be touched. I do still recommend a backup just in case, before you proceed, and to make sure your data is being synced properly so you can reconfigure the same sync method afterwards.

I should say that 1Password 4 is very old now, so it's probably not that surprising to see something like this at this point, even if things worked well for a long time. 1Password 4 has been discontinued, but if you kept updating your operating system and browser, compatibility might start becoming a problem. Before you try anything, have you perhaps considered upgrading to the latest 1Password 7?

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows

• BigButthead
    BigButthead
    Community Member

ag_ana, upgrading to version 7 did the trick. It never occurred to me that my version was out of date since the auto upgrade was on. Thanks very much for your kind assistance. Much appreciated.
    Best,
    BBH

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @BigButthead! I am glad to hearing that upgrading to 1Password 7 helped :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• BigButthead
    BigButthead
    Community Member

Thanks, you too!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.