1Password autofill inconsistent / not working from either the app or 1P mini

13»

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dmrgnacnt_runbox_com:

Certainly, please feel free to post a new message in this discussion anytime, we will not close it :+1: :)

• +1 for Happening in Brave. You may consider Brave and Chrome identical but just putting it out there for clarification

• Thanks for the data point, @1Pisntwhatitusedtobe. :+1:

• petergl
    petergl
    Community Member

Has this bug been fixed? I am still experiencing autofill problems on some sites on Chrome on my laptop as well as on my android. All versions up to date and have tried restarting/resetting browser and computer. I have to use the cut and paste workaround about 50% of the time across the many sites I need to log in to.
    Do other password managers have this problem? Would be great if something just worked seamlessly.

• Hi @petergl.

Which specific issue are you running into? There are a few issues described throughout this thread, and none of them relate to the filling experience on Android. If you could walk me through the steps you're taking and what results you have (including whether it's site dependent or not), that'd be really helpful.

• petergl
    petergl
    Community Member

Actually there are multiple different filling issus with Chrome and Android. Some sites aurofill perfectly on both, others only on one, and others on neither. Here are examples:

PC Chrome browser:
    Several websites will not ever autofill, and the individual usernames and passwords have to be copied and pasted. E.g. Etrade.com. Others work fine, e.g. Amazon.com, although not all the time. Restarting the computer will restore the sites that work to autofilling.

Android:
    Some of the same sites as above (e.g. Etrade) autofill currectly, but only SOMETIMES. Other times (randomly seeming), 1Password will not open while on the website. I have to go back to the home screen, open the app manually, and copy and paste the username and password. If I restart the phone, sometimes 1Password will start to open correctly again for autofilling.

LMK if you need more info. Tx.

• Hey @petergl. Let's work through the PC issues and then we can have the Android team work through the other troubles with you. For E-Trade, what are the steps you are taking to autofill? Can you walk me through what you're seeing and clicking?

• petergl
    petergl
    Community Member

Are you able to log into my machine and see?
    If not, all I'm doing is going to the Etrade login page on the website and clicking on the 1PX icon in the upper right. I'm prompted for my 1P password, which I enter and then the Etrade entry appears. When I rt click on it, nothing happens, i.e. no autopopulation (like what should happen and happens with other sites like Schwab.com). I then have to left click on the Etrade entry, which brings up a drop down menu where I can copy first the username, paste it on the Etrade login page, and then do the same with the password.
    Clear?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@petergl:

We cannot take control of your machine, but you can prepare a screen record if you wish. In this case though, I tested the Etrade website and 1Password offered to populate the login information for me:

This is on the website https://us.etrade.com/e/t/user/login, is that the same URL you are testing?

• petergl
    petergl
    Community Member

I was using https://us.etrade.com/home/welcome-back but I tried your link too, and same issue occurred (the drop down does not offer the option to populate and have to manually cut and paste. Also doesn't work for Fidelity.com. What could be causing this?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @petergl, could you let us know what version of Chrome you have? Could you also let us know what version of 1Password in the browser you're using? You can copy/paste "chrome://extensions/" to your address bar in Chrome to check on that. Look for the 1Password extension from that list. The version number is next to its name at the top.

• petergl
    petergl
    Community Member

Chrome is up to date at Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit).
    1Password extension is v 4.7.5.90.
    Tx.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@petergl:

Can you try creating a new Login item for this website, and see if the new one works?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• petergl
    petergl
    Community Member

Ok creating a new Login item worked. Thank you. I will use this strategy for nonfunctioning logins in the future. Can you point me to the link you mentioned for problems logging in on Android? Tx.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @petergl ,
    We're glad to hear a new login did the trick :chuffed:

As for your Android issue, I'd suggest opening a new discussion in the Android category here on our forum so that our Android team can provide you the best support for that issue: https://1password.community/categories/1password-android

This discussion has been closed.