Does 1 Password7 work with DuckDuckGo Browser - will it autofill?

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
edited October 2020 in iOS

Thinking of using DuckDuckGo as a browser - will 1PW work and auto fill using it?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does DuckDuckGo Browser work with 1 Password?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tuni12!

I suppose by "browser" in this case you meant "search engine", correct? In that case, 1Password will work without problems, regardless of the search engine you use :+1:

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Thx - i always mix up the terminology. Also i have 1 pw in my iPhone too. Am i correct in assuming i can use DuckDuckGo and utilize 1pw with that device too?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12:

I have just tested DuckDuckGo on my iOS device, and I was able to get 1Password to work there too :+1:

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

thx for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! You can find instructions here for using iOS Password Autofill:

https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

That works on an iPhone or iPad to setup and use it for saving and filling login credentials, as part of the OS, not 1Password. While that will work with most websites/apps, it depends on them being compatible by following Apple's guidelines and/or web standards. So it may be necessary to copy and paste in some cases (though in even rarer instances, the app/website will prevent that intentionally as well, requiring you to type it manually -- yuck).

You'll need to make sure that your Login item saved in 1Password has the correct information for the username, password, and website URL. If the username or password are incorrect, Autofill will be filling the wrong information. And if the URL is incorrect, it will not be able to match the credentials to the app/website you're using. And in order for that to work with an app (as opposed to a website), its developer would need to have setup associated domains for it according to Apple's instructions -- otherwise it isn't possible for iOS Password Autofill to find the login credentials:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/password_autofill/setting_up_an_app_s_associated_domains

Anyway, if you're having trouble, while we don't have any control over the process, if you'll let us know the specifics -- URL, the exact steps you're taking, and what is/isn't happening as you expect -- we can test it to see if there's something we can suggest. Cheers! :)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

thanks, Brenty - looks more complicated than I thought - may not be worth the trouble.....sigh...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12:

I recommend you give it a try, autofill is truly amazing! Let us know if you get stuck at any step on the documentation page and we will be happy to help you get this up and running :+1:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

This discussion has been closed.