"clicks" on "Filter Vaults" and selecting a vault often causes 1Password to Freeze requiring a quit

This "freezing" behaviour started a few months ago: I am clicking "filter vaults" to select a vault (instead of just viewing them all) and 1Password for Windows freezes and can't recover -> the application can still be quit from the taskbar but no other function works.

What's going on here?
Any help appreciated!

thx

1Password Version: 7.6.783
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004)
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:freezing filter vaults

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ObjectConsulting, thank you for reporting this!

We are looking into these freezes right now, but I don't have anything to share at this point. Could you please try to enlarge 1Password window (or maximise it) and check if the issue remains when you do not use scrolling?

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• ObjectConsulting
    ObjectConsulting
    Community Member

For sure! Scrolling in what context? Do you mean use the arrow keys instead of the mouse?

• ObjectConsulting
    ObjectConsulting
    Community Member

I tried what you suggested and no freezing but as soon as it's in window mode with mouse scroll freeze city!!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ObjectConsulting, I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

We are aware of this issue, that is why I advised you to maximise the app. Right now you should be able to resize the 1Password 7 window and make the item list taller. 1Password 7 is not suppose to freeze then.

I wish I had other news for you, but I don't. We will try to keep you updated.

Let me know if you have other questions, we are here to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• ObjectConsulting
    ObjectConsulting
    Community Member

yes please keep me updated! Not used to this kind of glitch in this program! It is only happening in the Windows client? Is it also happening in the beta build?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ObjectConsulting,

Yes, this issue only affects the current version of 1Password 7 for Windows and it is not fixed in the latest beta. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We will make sure to keep you posted. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: dev/windows/opw#4905

• ObjectConsulting
    ObjectConsulting
    Community Member

Ok thanks Greg: good to know.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ObjectConsulting,