Can't update password to better

Options
Val93
Val93
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Try to use https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/
Generated value always replace current. password! Tried before focus on current, new, confirm fields- no result. Pls check my video.
Tried at Twitter and GitHub
My demo:
VIDEO REMOVED

PS Also tested with Chrome 86 + ext4.7.5.90

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1pass+iCloud

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Val93 ,
    I removed your video because it contained private information of yours and this is a public forum.

There's currently a known issue in the latest version of 1Password where autofilling a newly generated password will overwrite the "current password" field and we've already got a fix in store, that should arrive to you in the next update of 1Password 7.

In the meantime, as a workaround, instead of autofilling the new generated password, copy it from the generator and paste it into the new password field (and the confirm new password field if needed) to avoid this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Val93
    Val93
    Community Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Thx.
    I tried generate pass and paste manually on website, but there is no Save Login (update existing). So should I after password update manually edit login entity?

UPD:
    It looks like 1P creates password entity but don't try merge it after save website form

• Val93
    Val93
    Community Member
    Options

Also tried:
    1. Create new password (generate pass and created password entity)
    2. Manually fill current/new website fields
    3. On new password entity with autogenerated pass create new login (Cmd+S) and pick update existing entity.
    4. Original login entity don't get new password, but updated has current date
    In my opinion it should be merge two entities, but in not

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Val93 ,
    Thanks for the update.

Some websites might not trigger the 1Password save prompt, depending on the design and how the form is built. However, you can manually trigger that save/update prompt like so: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Alternatively, as you found, you can manually edit the login item in the 1Password app and put the new password in it, or you can select the individual password entry that was created and convert it to a login item. However, I think you'll find that bringing up the save prompt will make things easier.

Let me know if that helped.

• Val93
    Val93
    Community Member
    Options

With "How to save a Login manually in your browser" it works thanks. Hope original feature will fixed

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Val93! I am glad to hear that things are working with that procedure :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.