Turn off Password Generator autosave

Sometimes I just want a password generated, nothing more.

1. I don't see the pw generator in the desktop app. Is there one?
  2. When I go to the browser plugin, I can access the pw generator and grab a pw. But copy it and the PW is saved like so. How can I disable this autosave so that all I get is a copied pw for one time use?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iUUi, thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password!

If you want to create a password within your vault, you can click + in 1Password 7, select Password, and then generate the password there:

As for the 1Password companion extension, where the password generator is also available – when you generate a password with the help of a password generator in there, it is automatically saved as an item in the Passwords category of your vault. It works as a backup plan, if you happen not to save a Login item you generated a password for.

The automatic cleanup function (or extra manual tool) to remove any redundant password items after you create a new Login item is not implemented in 1Password 7 for Windows yet, but I will make sure to pass your feedback to our team. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Let me know if it answers your question. If you have further questions, I will be happy to answer them. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.