7.7Beta 10 wants more attention - requires master password more instead of TouchID?

robchandhok
robchandhok
Community Member

On both my Macbooks (Catalina) the newest build appears to want the master password instead of TouchID even when the machine hasn't been rebooted or the Master Password time expired. I have mine set to require Master Password every 2 weeks. It is now asking multiple times a day.

1Password Version: 7.7beta10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robchandhok!

When 1Password prompts you for the Master Password, do you see the little Touch ID button below the Master Password field, or is it not there at all?

• robchandhok
    robchandhok
    Community Member

The touchID button is not there at all.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@robchandhok:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? After entering the Master Password once, is Touch ID working once again then?

• robchandhok
    robchandhok
    Community Member

:-) this is becoming a thing, this "quit completely". Seems to be back, but just tried it. Will report again if not fixed over the next day. thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good, thank you @robchandhok :+1:

• robchandhok
    robchandhok
    Community Member

I'm sorry to report that this did not fix the problem. After putting in my master password, a quick "sleep" on the computer correctly showed the touchID button. within an hour, the next time I came back to the computer, the touchID button was gone. Both of my laptops (same model macbook air, 10.15.7) behave the same way.

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

This is happening to me as well, on my Mac mostly (Catalina Beta 10.15.7 - 19H2). I can't remember which build it was when this started, but it was a recent one. No matter what time I put into "Lock after computer is idle for", I am prompted to enter my master password several times a day.

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your reports!
    We're aware of an issue that make 1Password lock a bit too aggressively. Hopefully we'll be able to sort this out for the next beta.

Take care,
    A.

• FogCityNative
    FogCityNative
    Community Member

I also notice this, plus trying to contact support after logging in take me to a support page that asks me to sign in again but no matter how many times I try to sign in I cannot sign in from the page that automatically sends the diagnositics. I assume it is a bug in the beta.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FogCityNative:

This issue might be separate. Can you please share the steps you are following to make this happen so we can test the process and see if we can reproduce it as well? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.