1Password Desktop has two encrypted (Install + Vaults)?

After installed a software does 1Password Server decrypted data inside computer located itself before asked me enter Secret Key to decrypted my .1pif file? - Two encrypted layers need two decrypted?!?

People say tried to find file from Computer location still confused.

1Password Version: 7.6.783
Extension Version: Desktop-Only
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1Password Server

Comments

• Hey there @davidguitard73 👋

Could you please elaborate on what issues you are having? It sounds like you have some .1PIF files laying around, which are unencrypted exports of your 1Password data. You can import a .1PIF file into 1Password for Windows by opening 1Password, then clicking "1Password" in the top left corner of the menu bar, then clicking "Import" and selecting the .1PIF context menu option there.

• davidguitard73
    davidguitard73
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

I mean after .1PIF file imported 1password software the vaults data and server sync both are encrypted?

• davidguitard73
    davidguitard73
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

My friend need to know why desktop 1password software is choose than browse.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@davidguitard73:

Yes, after importing the vault, it will be encrypted inside 1Password. Make sure you remove the .1pif file afterwards however, because that will remain unencrypted.

• davidguitard73
    davidguitard73
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Hello again.
    Its odds about different password manager companies.- I not mean dislike 1password service.
    I do enjoy 1password service and awesome server sync.

1Password Software for desktop do have secret key and 2FA. - :) Tumb Up Double :)
    Dashlane Software for desktop dont do secret key but do have 2FA.

Both are the same things. 1password Secret Key is always the same.
    Interested learn the things.

No worry I stay with 1Password. QR Code scan for devices needs awesome.

Thank You

-David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@davidguitard73:

Thank you for the kind words! :)

Both are the same things. 1password Secret Key is always the same.
    Interested learn the things.

I should say that 2FA and Secret Key are two different things: a 2FA code changes every time, that's correct, but it does not have anything to do with the encryption of your data. The Secret Key remains the same, but it's used to make your encryption stronger, so they are doing very different things ;)

• davidguitard73
    davidguitard73
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Yes you were right 2FA don't do encrypt or data. Secret key can be decrypted the data.

Secret key hide showed in browser so to decide installed 1password up on desktop. Windows 10 enabled 2FA for Windows Hello login.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davidguitard73,

Let us know if you have other questions about 1Password or bump into other difficulties, we will be happy to help. :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

• davidguitard73
    davidguitard73
    Community Member

Hi Greg.
    I am in good understanding crystal clear.
    In website price come with HST 14%.
    Does HST on USD not CAD?!?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@davidguitard73:

If you signed up on 1Password.com, you will be charged in USD, but if you signed up on 1Password.ca, you will be charged in CAD instead.

This discussion has been closed.