Hide Secure Notes and Documents in 1P Mini/Browser

Options

I have a feature request: The ability to hide secure notes and documents in 1P Mini. Being able to hide Logins and Credit Cards is very useful, but I have many notes and documents that clutter 1P mini, and it'd be great if they could also be hidden. Thanks.

1Password Version: Version 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1P Membership
Referrer: forum-search:never suggest in browser

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nycyclist ,
    Thanks for taking the time to suggest this feature request!

When you're in your browser and you call mini, you shouldn't see notes and documents if 1Password is set to open to suggestions. However, if your 1Password is set to open to "All Items", then indeed you might get some cluttered results. Here's how to change it:

1. Open your 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password 7" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and select "Preferences".
    3. In the preferences window that shows up, select the "Mini" tab and set "Open 1Password To: Suggestions".

Now when you call mini in your browser it will only show suggestions that are relevant to the website you're currently visiting.
    As for credit cards and other logins you don't want 1Password to show in your browser, you can also set it in the app for each individual item:

1. Open the 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Find the credit card item or login item you do not want to see in your browser, select it and click on "Edit".
    3. At the bottom of the item's details, there's a display option that you can change from "Suggest in browser" to "Never suggest in browser".
    4. Click on "Save" to save your changes and exit edit mode.

Now that item will no longer show up in the suggestions in mini when you're on a website.
    Is that the feature you are looking for? :)

• nycyclist
    nycyclist
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I do use "Open 1P to: Suggestions" in mini. However, I frequently first go to websites by bring up mini without the browser open, so I have to use the search field to find the login. Similarly, I might be in the browser, but wish to go to another site using 1P mini. In both cases, notes and docs may also appear.

• Thanks for the context, @nycyclist. I'll let the team know you'd like to hide these types of items in mini. :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#369

This discussion has been closed.