Tags on 1P7

bwofford
bwofford
Community Member

For any 1P record, when I get to the Tag field, only some of the previously entered tags appear for auto-complete. I cannot determine any pattern of which tags are shown.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1P.com
Referrer: forum-search:1p7 on mac not prompting all tags

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020

Hi @bwofford!

1Password will suggest tags based on whether this item is in a vault where there are other items already using that tag. In other words, if you have Login 1 in your Private vault using the "work" tag, 1Password will suggest "work" as a possible tag whenever you edit an item in the Private vault.

If you try to edit an item in the Shared vault instead, and no item in the Shared vault has ever used the "work" tag before, 1Password will not suggest it in that case.

I hope this clarifies things a little bit!

• bwofford
    bwofford
    Community Member

Thank you, ag_ana, for your prompt reply that did clarify my experience. It would have never occurred to me that the cache of tags in use would be specific to a vault. I obviously thought tags were universally shared among vaults since records filtered by a particular tag appear collectively from any vault (assuming All Vaults has been selected). I'm fine with this as it is now that I understand the design.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @bwofford! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.