HELP! - 1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser

stefano71
stefano71
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Dear friends,
Unfortunately i'm facing with this issue. Shortly, I bought a new pc, installed 1password 4.XX for Windows.
I tried to install related browser extensions both for Chrome and Firefox. Firefox works fine, chrome no :-(
I followed your troubleshooting as showed below but without success.
Morevover, under 1password desktop app, setting, broser plug-in, i see that chrom estension is shoed as not installed but it's :-(
Plkease can you help me?
Thnak you
Stefano

1Password Version: 4.6.2 626
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: WIN 10
Sync Type: WLANSYNC

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stefano71, sorry for the troubles!

First of all, I noticed that you use 1Password 4 for Windows, so I moved our discussion to a 1Password 4 category of our forum. I hope you don't mind.

Secondly, I would like to explain the situation and the issues that you bumped into. The thing is that 1Password 4, the version of 1Password that you are using, is outdated and it not will not receive any updates in the future. In addition to that, it will not work in Chrome 72+, due to updated browser signature. See this article for more information:

1Password 4 for Windows won’t fill or save in Chrome 72 or later

If you want to continue using 1Password 4, please do the following to install and set up 1Password extension in Firefox:

1) Download and install 1Password extension from here.

2) Close Firefox.

3) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Advanced and make sure that you have Native Messaging enabled there.

4) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Restart 1Password Helper.

5) Launch Firefox and let me know if it works for you after that.

I would, however, recommend you to take a closer look at the new version of 1Password 7 for Windows, which is a paid upgrade for the current 1Password 4 license owners, but but it is included for free, if you sign up for a 1Password membership account:

About 1Password membership

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• stefano71
    stefano71
    Community Member

HI Greg, thank you so much for your comment.
    I have a 1password 4 License as a character string. I see 1 Password 7 is asking for a file license. Ho can i get my paid license for this?
    Thank you
    Best Regard
    Stefano

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@stefano71:

If you sign up for a 1Password Membership like Greg suggested, you will just have to add your 1Password account to the app to activate it :+1:

If you would like to use a license for 1Password 7 instead, you can purchase it directly within the 1Password 7 for Windows app, under the 1Password menu > License.

This discussion has been closed.