Cannot quit 1Password for Windows

I cannot quit 1Password on windows by:

• Exiting through the menus of the app
  • Right clicking tray icon and exit
  • Task manager

The application keeps restarting and it is extremely frustrating. Is there a fix for this?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scrypt!

Does the same thing happen if you click on the red "x" button to quit the 1Password desktop app?

• scrypt
    scrypt
    Community Member

@ag_ana that does not quit the app, just minimizes it to the tray

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@scrypt:

Correct. Does the main windows reopen automatically when you do it?

• scrypt
    scrypt
    Community Member

@ag_ana no, but that is not my problem. I want to quit the application. It does not stay shut off when I quit it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@scrypt:

Thank you for the confirmation! It's always good to have all the information at hand :)

It's personally the first time I see this, and I cannot reproduce this in my 1Password for Windows app (when I exit the app, it stays shut for me). The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• scrypt
    scrypt
    Community Member

Here is the ticket
    [#DQJ-53713-215]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@scrypt:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DQJ-53713-215

• BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member

@scrypt

Have you tried shift+windows key + L ?

That combination locks the app for me immediately.

• scrypt
    scrypt
    Community Member

Yes, but that locks the application. I am trying to completely quit it, and it will not stay 'quitted' completely, as it just keeps starting itself up.

• Hey @scrypt

We're currently in contact via email and we can continue the conversation there if you'd like. 😊

This discussion has been closed.