Prevent Auto-Update from Asking on One-Time Password

I recently started using the one-time password on all my devices and it's great. The only problem is on the browser (mac and windows) when I copy and enter my one-time password, the browser plugin asks to update my password with the one-time password. I have to be REALLY careful not to press the "update password" button in the pop-up that appears. Is there a way the 1Password team can fix this glitch or thing that's happening?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 & Latest OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mezimm! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to test this too. What website is this happening with?

• mezimm
    mezimm
    Community Member

Any website that uses a one-time password. As an example, I'm using it with my siteground hosting account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mezimm:

I have just tested a few websites that use 2FA (Amazon, Google and a few others) and I was not prompted to update my login information for those websites, so I wonder if there is something specific to the websites you have been using. To allow us to test this, can you please share the full URL of the website where this is happening?

• mezimm
    mezimm
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

I checked all my sites and I guess it's only happening on one. I don't have a lot of 2FA and thought it was happening on more. Here is where it happens: https://www.siteground.com/

Thanks for looking into this for me. I really appreciate it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mezimm ,
    Thanks for the link.

I saw the behavior you are describing. The good news is that our newer extension, 1Password X, behaves much better on Siteground and will autofill both your password and 2FA code without prompting you to update. If you have a 1Password.com account, feel free to enjoy 1Password X now: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

If you prefer to stick to the old companion extension that you're currently using, hopefully the fix that was already implemented in 1Password X will reach that extension as well in a future update.

Thanks for reporting this!

• mezimm
    mezimm
    Community Member

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.