Secure a vault for other users

Hi!
I want to distribute password for local admin account to my users. And I want to use 1Password for this.
Everyone have it's own vault.
We also have company specific vault that everyone use that have acces to that vault.

Can I in some way create a "Password tab" in a vault and secure it for only that user that it's belong to?

Or can I distribute the password in a other secure way? Any suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• resa
    resa
    Community Member

Secure a vault for other users

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @resa, thank you for reaching out! :+1:

You can create a new vault in your account and share it with specific users only:

Create and share vault

If you need to have only one user to have access to the passwords in the vault, I believe you can create a separate vault for each user and share it with a dedicated user only, but I don't think it will be convenient to manage in a long term. What do you think?

If my understanding of your needs is off the mark, please correct me. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• resa
    resa
    Community Member

Yes, I had that in mind also. But it will be many Vaults :)

Do you have any secure way to distribute the passwords? Then they can store it in their own Private vault.
    I have tested a couple but have you any you can recomend?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@resa: Private vaults are private by design and you will not be able to add a password to that vault, even if you are an admin. If you want to distribute passwords, you can use a shared vault for that purpose. After that, you can instruct your users to move their password from the shared vault to the private one.

If you tell me exactly what your needs are, I will discuss this question with my team. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• resa
    resa
    Community Member

Ok, thanks!
    We have solved it by sending out the password via Teams and a shared link. And then they will add it themselves to 1Password in the Private vault.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @resa,

Thank you for the update! Please note that you can also use item links for the items in shared vaults. Learn more:

Use item links to help others find shared items

Let us know if you have other questions, we are ready to help. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.