dragging items to tags not possible in all vaults

pjm
pjm
Community Member

Hi, using 1p version 7.6 for macOS 10.15.7
I am logged in to 3 different 1p accounts. In account 3 I can create and edit items, add tags to them. But I cannot select items to drag and drop them onto tags. When I start to drag, the mouse/cursor just stays in the selection mode of multiple items, it does not start a drag action.
Is this a known restriction, do I need special access rights to have this enabled?
I have a provtae vault in this account, there it works, but not in the other vaults

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:drag tags

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pjm!

I don't think there are specific limitations in this in the 1Password apps, but I'd like to double check something with you:

I have a provtae vault in this account, there it works, but not in the other vaults

Can you please clarify what you mean by "provtae" vault?

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

sorry, that was meant to be private vault

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

did some more test, it seems to not be possible in shared vaults. In my account 2 I cannot drag items to tags as well when they are in shared vaults. This restriction does not make sense to me as I am allowed to create items, add and remove tags

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pjm:

Thank you for the clarification and for the additional information! I have just tested this in my own 1Password app, and I was able to drag items to a tag even when they are in a shared vault. I am also using macOS 10.15.7, but I am running the latest 1Password for Mac beta. I wonder if you would like to give the beta a try and see if the same thing happens there?

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

@ag_ana just tried with 7.7.BETA-10, does not work either. The accounts with the shared vaults are business accounts, could that make the difference?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pjm:

I don't think it's the fact that they are business accounts, but I do wonder if this could be a permissions issue in those account at this point. Are you an admin or an owner in those 2 accounts?

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

no, just a normal user

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pjm:

Thank you for the confirmation. It is possible then that this is indeed permissions-related then. We can certainly take a look at your account configuration and see if you are missing some permissions. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to business@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

do you mean the email address that I use to log into these business accounts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pjm:

Correct :+1: :)

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

@ag_ana #MAU-48822-794

• Thanks @pjm! We'll be in touch via email with further.

Ben

ref: MAU-48822-794

This discussion has been closed.