Watch app only syncs partial data.

reck
reck
Community Member

Just got my first Apple Watch and 1Password was one of the first apps I installed on it so I could more easily access my more commonly used items.

However I’ve unfortunately found the watch app to be useless as it only syncs some of the data and a lot of the key information is missing.

I have a lot of info stored in secure notes but the only field I’m seeing is the text I’ve added to notes and none of the other data has come across.

What’s the reasoning for syncing the notes field but leaving all the other fields behind, I can’t see the logic in it?

I think this is just a weakness of the app rather than me not turning a setting on so I’m currently transferring my items to another watch app where I can access these items direct from screen which is really convenient.

I was hoping to keep all my data in 1Password but the watch app just doesn’t sync the data currently which is a shame. Are there are any plans to address this issue in a forthcoming update?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @reck!

I have a lot of info stored in secure notes but the only field I’m seeing is the text I’ve added to notes and none of the other data has come across.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "other data" in this case?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Ana,

If we take the secure notes as an example none of the data is syncing across apart from anything I might have typed in the notes field.

So for instance on my building alarm secure notes I have a section for each of the buildings and none of that has carried across. Basically any fields and sections I’ve added on the phone are missing on the watch.

Only having the watch sync a single field from each note across makes the whole thing useless if 99% of the content is in the other fields.

• Hey @reck

Thank you for the feedback on this. Unfortunately this is a case where custom fields were simply not part of the scope of the project for building the Apple Watch app. It is possible we may be able to reevaluate that for a future generation of the app, but as far as I'm aware there haven't been any plans developed in that regard at this stage. I'll be happy to note your feedback so that we can brainstorm on it when those discussions do happen. I'm sorry I don't have anything to offer here for the near term.

Ben

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for confirming. Obviously the watch app isn't any use to me if it's only partially syncing data but the good news is i've found an alterantive app that I can use to quickly pull this information up on my watch.

I don't really want to be using two apps to store this data but unless the 1Password watch app improves I have little choice.

Cheers.

• Understood. Thanks for the feedback, @reck. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.