To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

old account is frozen and preventing me from signing into my new account

grav98
grav98
Community Member

cannot sign in to the app with my new credentials

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:old account is frozen and preventing me from signing into my new account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grav98! Welcome to the forum!

What happens exactly when you try to login to your new account with your new credentials? Do you get an error message?

• grav98
    grav98
    Community Member

It just gives me the quick zig zag of the sign in screen, which tells me that it is the incorrect password

• grav98
    grav98
    Community Member

Also if I open up the preferences on the app and look under accounts it shows me my old frozen account but I cannot select it to delete it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@grav98:

Thank you for the confirmation. What you are describing suggests that you are entering the wrong Master Password for your old account. With the right Master Password, you can unlock the 1Password app even if the account is frozen, so I don't think this is happening because of that.

If you indeed forgot the Master Password for your frozen account, you can reset the 1Password app so you can configure it again directly with your new account:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

This discussion has been closed.