1Password won't load on Android

bemsha
bemsha
Community Member

Hi, I have a Moto G7Plus. 1Password was working properly. Now when I login with master password the app stalls on the UNLOCKED screen. It won't open fully. Or supply logins to websites. (Works perfectly on my W10 laptop).
I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no effect.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, solutions.
John

1Password Version: 1Password v 1.191..
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android v10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bemsha. By chance are you using the SwiftKey keyboard in float mode?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply. No, but I use Gboard multilingual typing. Why, would that affect the login?

• @bemsha Thanks! It shouldn't affect it, but I've heard from one other customer who had this issue, and it was related to the floating SwiftKey keyboard, which is why I wondered that.

It may be a network issue instead. Can you try signing in from a browser on this device? Also, if you disable Wi-Fi, are you able to sign in while using a cellular connection?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Hi. I have Moto G7 plus with Android 10. When I login I get the UNLOCKED message but the app doesn't open- so I cannot access my logins. Can you explain why this happens and how I can rectify the problem? Many thanks. J.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bemsha:

Can you please try the suggestions posted by my colleague peri and see if they help?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Thank you for you reply.
    I can sign in via a browser page with 1password.
    If I disable WiFi i can sign in to the app but it freezes on the login page and I cannot access my logins.
    When I disable the floating keyboard that makes no difference.
    Can you suggest a solution?.
    I am away from home and I don't have my laptop with me.
    Thanks, John

• Hi @bemsha, thanks for letting us know!

Do you have 2FA set up for your 1Password account? If so, do you think that the code could be the issue (for example, the timing is off)?
    Are you using any VPN or antivirus software on this device?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

No to 2FA.
    Yes to AV- bitfefender
    Yes to VPN - surfshark

• Hi @bemsha, were you able to use 1Password with your antivirus and VPN enabled before?

Could you try disabling them and see if you're able to access 1Password through the Android app?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Hi. Thanks. I believe I was able to access 1 password with both VPN and AV on, in the past. I changed both in the last six months. It worked fine with the previous AV and VPN. At the moment AV is off and 1password
    Is bypassing VPN
    Still can't open app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bemsha: You mentioned initially that "1Password was working properly" and "Now when I login with master password the app stalls on the UNLOCKED screen." Can you tell us what happened in between? What steps did you take? Did you install, update, and/or reconfigure something? That may help narrow down the cause and lead to a solution. Thanks! :)

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Thanks.
    I was referring to the fact that I changed AV and VPN suppliers in March. I believe the 1Password app worked on my phone after the change. Now it doesn't.
    I have tried everything suggested- turning off AV, by bypassing the VPN. Nothing has made any difference.
    When I enter my master password correctly, i get the message 'unlocked' it doesn't open the app - just hangs on that page.

When I returned home I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. After the initial login i set up fingerprint login on my phone with the intention of enabling it on the 1password app. When I returned to the app I had to enter my password again and it hung on the Unlocked screen.

• Thanks for the update, @bemsha. This may be some sort of sign-in error. Are you able to sign in from a browser on this same Android device?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Hi, Sorry for the tardy reply. Yes, I can login with a browser.
    But you are right it was a sign in problem. After several goes of uninstalling and reinstalling I finally succeeded in signing in. The problem seemed to be that the app would freeze after one or other steps in the login process, or in setting up the fingerprint sensor. So I am not entirely sure how I got through in the end.
    But thank you all to your responses and suggestions.
    Case closed. I hope.
    John

• Hey @bemsha! We appreciate your update as well as your patience with our app. I'm glad to see that it's working now and that you've successfully signed in :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Update. Problem not solved. After a short period when I could unlock 1 Pass with the fingerprint sensor it now rejects my fingerprint !
    During the period when I could enter the app and access the logins the URL for other apps did not work. When I opened an app requiring a login the 1Pass. icon doesn't appear in the username box. So there was no way of logging in.

Now that my fingerprint is rejected I am forced to enter the Master password. When I enter the Master password the is Unlocked and it stalls on that screen. I cannot access my logins. So I am back where I was without a working password manager.
    I uninstall and reinstall. Won't accept my fingerprint. Enter Master pass. - stalls on accepted screen.
    What can I do to make this app work?
    All the questions put to me previously and the replies are in the thread above.
    Thanks.
    John

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bemsha:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Android device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.
    When I sign in I get to a screen that says 'unlocked' with the 1 Password icon above. It hangs on that screen.
    I cannot get access to "Settings > Advanced > “Email diagnostics”.

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

I tried to take a screenshot but the app won't let me.

• Hey @bemsha, I'm sorry to see this issue is happening again.

After a short period when I could unlock 1 Pass with the fingerprint sensor it now rejects my fingerprint !

Biometric Unlock is provided by Android, which only allows 1Password to know if your fingerprint was recognized or not. Therefore, 1Password does not have the ability to reject your fingerprint. Can you delete your fingerprint data, restart your device, input new fingerprint data, and try again?

Also, do you still have the floating keyboard disabled?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Thank you. I will do that tomorrow.
    No, the floating keyboard is not disabled. Do you want me to?

• Hey @bemsha, can you disable your floating keyboard and try entering your Master Password again?

• bemsha
    bemsha
    Community Member

Thanks. I have done as you said and I have managed to get everything up and running. I had to delete the fingerprints and enter them again. So I think it is stable now.
    Do I have to keep floating keyboard disabled?

• @bemsha I'm glad to hear that Audrey was able to help out. As to keeping the floating keyboard, I'm not sure if re-enabling float mode on your keyboard will cause this issue again. If you do re-enable it, can you let us know if the problem reappears?

This discussion has been closed.