Missing iPhone Vault

SillyRabbit
SillyRabbit
Community Member

I wanted to create a new vault that both my wife and I would have access to. Everything worked great. When I connect to the 1Password website as her, the new vault is there and she has access to it. The only problem is that the new vault does not appear on her iPhone which is running iOS 13.7 on an iPhone 7 Plus. I deleted the 1Password app and reinstalled it. The vault is still not there. The logical place for it to be is Settings | Vaults. However, the only thing there is the 1 and only vault that I had created a few months ago. The 2 new items that I put in the new vault are not in the original vault, but are in the new one on the website. This sounds like a sync issue but I am not syncing to iCloud, Dropbox or anything else - just your 1Password website. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SillyRabbit!

The 2 new items that I put in the new vault are not in the original vault, but are in the new one on the website.

Please make sure that she logs in to her 1Password account in the 1Password app on her phone. If she can see the vaults on the website but not in the 1Password app, this is most likely the reason.

• SillyRabbit
    SillyRabbit
    Community Member

Thank you for your quick reply. It turns out that the problem was not related to logging in. Before the coronavirus, my wife traveled a lot. In my fog, I had turned on the travel mode. It worked just the way that it is supposed to work. It did not show the new vault. She only had one other vault, so that is the one it showed. Now that I turned the travel mode off, everything is working fine.

However, would you please elaborate on your first suggestion. My understanding is that I cannot see anything until I login and once I login what I see is the same as on the 1Password website. ****I don't know what it would mean for her to "be sure she's logged in on her phone"****. After tapping on the 1Password icon, she would be prompted to login or else she would not see anything. Once she logs in she would see whatever is on the website.

I just wanted to ask this in case I am missing something that I might need in the future. Thank you

• @SillyRabbit

Glad to hear you were able to figure out what the source of the difficulty was and that turning Travel Mode off has resolved the issue.

However, would you please elaborate on your first suggestion.

If the wrong account is added to the app (e.g. if her phone were signed into your account instead of hers) it would affect what data is visible.

Ben

• SillyRabbit
    SillyRabbit
    Community Member

Thank you :)

• You're most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.