Action Required pane coming up on every Mac web login

I see no better place to ask this.

I was setting up a demo account for staff training on our teams account

Using Mac Mojave with Safari 13.1

setup went fine, but every time I login to this demo account in the browser, I get the "Action Required - Download 1Password (or save your emergency kit)" pane

I have both downloaded the app and saved the emergency kit to try and satisfy it - but it still keeps coming up

this is on my machine where I have my primary 1Password account, use the app, and do regular logins in the browser - they all work fine, but this demo account still keeps asking for action

Any advice on what it's looking at and how I can convince it to go away?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• paulpharr
    paulpharr
    Community Member

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to our forum, @paulpharr! :chuffed:

The message you're seeing is related to the fact that our system has determined you've currently only signed into that account membership via copies of Apple's Safari web browser. Earlier this year, Apple introduced a security feature in Safari whereby if you don't visit a site for at least seven days, Safari will remove all local data from it's local cache for that site. In the case of 1Password, that also means your stored Secret Key for your account membership. As a Secret Key is required in order to be able to sign into a 1Password account, it's vital to make sure you've got a record of it. You can learn more about this Safari change in our blog post from earlier this year.

Currently, the easiest way to ensure you have a record of your Secret Key is to make sure you've downloaded and completed a copy of your Emergency Kit, or to download and set up one of our 1Password apps with your membership of that account. What I would suggest doing here would be the latter - once our service sees that membership has been signed into from one of our 1Password apps, you should no longer receive that notification.

I hope that helps out - let me know if you have any questions!

• paulpharr
    paulpharr
    Community Member

thanks! - that cured the persistent login messaging RE: Safari

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome @paulpharr! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.