1Password for Windows is grinding to a halt when I interact with the items.

I just got 1Password to try it out today. For the first 13 items I added, the Windows application was seamless. I love the robust UI. However, as soon as I added the 14th item, I began having a major problem with the application. The application grinded to a halt very quickly and was completely unresponsive to anything but a termination signal. I closed the application and opened it again. Now, when I interact with any of the items in the list, the application stops functioning within seconds. I restarted my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password. I really enjoy the design of this manager. Please help me fix this so I have a reason to switch from Dashlane because, right now, the 1Password application is completely unusable.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 19041.508
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Windows is grinding to a halt when I interact with the items.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020

Hi @user654984651, thank you for letting us know!

This is a known issue that we are currently investigating. Could you please try to enlarge 1Password window 7 (or maximise it) to make the item list taller, and check again? Does the issue with freezes remain then?

Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: WHD-33431-749

• user654984651
    user654984651
    Community Member

@Greg

The application seems to actually respond better when I have it reduced. The issue is only occurring in an enlarged window.

Thank you for your concern.

• user654984651
    user654984651
    Community Member

@Greg [Update]

It seems that if I use the application in a reduced window, the problem does not occur. Please keep me updated on this being fixed or ways to fix it myself.

Thank you

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @user654984651,

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you found a workaround for this issue. We will make sure to keep you posted, when we have more news.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. If you have other questions, we are here to help. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• user654984651
    user654984651
    Community Member

@Greg

Thank you much for your time!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@user654984651: :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.