To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to view "Add a Security Key" on my 1Password account for setting up Yubikey

Options
smohanan20
smohanan20
Community Member

I have a Yubikey 5C that I'd like to setup as a part of my 1Password auth. Based on the steps mentioned in the wiki, I'm supposed to see a "Add a Security Key" on my account while adding 2 factor authentication however I'm only seeing an option to add Google Authenticator app instead. I'm trying it on the website.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:yubi

Comments

• @smohanan20

Add the Authenticator app first and then the option for the YubiKey will be presented.

• smohanan20
    smohanan20
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy! That works. Would be great if this is specified in the help section: https://support.1password.com/security-key/

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2020
    Options

This section mentions the setup portion, though I agree it doesn't necessarily jump out at you and make you take notice. I'll pass your feedback along.

Before you can use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account, you'll need to turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account.

Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.