Add data from (Individual) Trial Member Vault to a Families Account

Bo_Racic
Bo_Racic
Community Member

Just signed up for Families (I am the Manager) but before I create havoc and duplication, please advise best way to proceed.
My partner has been using a 1Password Trial, I want to add them to my Families account. What is the best way to import their existing data (logins) into their new Families vault?
I have looked on YouTube but there is very little there re Families.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Bo_Racic

Thanks for your interest in sharing 1Password. Once you're set up with 1Password Families you can invite your partner to join using these instructions:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

They can then move their items from their trial account to their account within your 1Password Families membership:

Move and copy items

Once they've verified everything has been moved (e.g. by signing into their account within your membership at https://start.1password.com) they can delete their trial membership. This step will be important to avoid duplicates:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Bo_Racic
    Bo_Racic
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks for speedy response but I had already seen and explored those three links, which have been posted many times but none of them lead to the answer to my question.
    I did eventually find my own way but it would have been much easier if I'd known to go to 'Get the Apps' on their account. From there it virtually does it for you.
    Christine

• Hi @Bo_Racic

Interesting; thanks for the feedback. I wonder where things fell through here. While accepting the invite you would've sent your partner (i.e. by following the first link) they should've been directed to their Emergency Kit and/or the Get the Apps page. Did that not happen here?

Also could you please confirm that if your partner signs into their account within your membership at https://start.1password.com/ that they see all of their data?

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.