Some feedback on the new Safari integration

Options
sriggins
sriggins
Community Member

Hi! I am loving the new beta integration with 1Password for Mac and Safari. It's great to see more first class integration.

I am a little confused by the UX, however, When logging into a site that I have multiple logins for, I see a list of the logins, and at the bottom I see "Suggestions". I tap that for Suggestions, and it brings up a menu that has "Suggestions, Logins, Identities, Credit Cards, Generate Password, and Hide".

I tap Suggestions again, and I am back to the list of logins for this site. I think what you are trying to convey is that I am on the Suggestions page, but you don't have enough space to display all of the options, so you show the current name "Suggestions" and tapping brings up more options. I'd rather if the menu said "Suggestions" at the top, maybe at the bottom it says "More Options" or something.

I get that you are trying to show the current menu selection, but it's just weird to me.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7b10
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 11.0b10
Sync Type: 1Password Families
Referrer: forum-search:safari password menu

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sriggins

I'm sorry to hear you found the UX here unclear. The suggestions button you're referring to is a category switcher. It shows the current category you have selected. This was an intentional design choice. It follows the same logic, e.g. as our vault switcher.

Ben

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Labels and buttons should be actions. and named as such.

On the Mac, "All Vaults" toggles between showing all vaults or not. That is the right behavior.

On iOS, the list has radio buttons next to the current selection, so it is clear what is going on. On the beta in Big Sur, there is no indication if "Suggestions" is a header and the contents beneath are just not scrolled into view, if it is a selection (no radio button), or what. I understand it is intentional, and I am suggesting you improve it.

I help a LOT of people with 1Password, especially older people, and this UX is non-standard and will be confusing to people.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for clarifying your position, @sriggins. :+1:

Ben

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

I love 1Password 💪

• Ben
    Options

❤️