7.7 password generator on iPhone is a big terrible!!!!!

darkakia
darkakia
Community Member
edited October 2020 in iOS

7.7 password generator on iPhone is a big terrible.
I can't create a password which is one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers.

Please change back to older password generator, like it on iPad or older 1Password Versions.

I can create a password which is one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers.
That is what I want!!!!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @darkakia

I can create a password which is one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers.
    That is what I want!!!!

Could you please elaborate on the desire for this? What benefit does this provide? Thanks!

Ben

• levensonles
    levensonles
    Community Member

I think I have a similar issue. Used to be you could change the password option to add in a number (I use the word option) or make slight tweaks to the password. The first attempt to change it would delete the password and you’d have to start over. Now, you can’t add any customizations - no matter where you try to make the edit, the entire password is deleted and you have to just accept what is offered. It would be great if there could be an option to add numbers into the word password generator. This may not be the case on the desktop version but I generally just use my phone to generate passwords. Is there is a setting I’m missing in order to customize the passwords generated? Thanks

• Hi @levensonles

1Password 7.7 for iOS has the ability to use numbers as a separator in words-based passwords:

Ben

• levensonles
    levensonles
    Community Member

I am running 7.7 on iOS but do not have the same options as shown on your screenshot. If there is some sort of setting I need to turn on please let me know. I’ve attached a screenshot of my options when I select the gear icon. Thanks for any clues on how to make 1Password work better for me. I’ve been using it for years and couldn’t function online without it.

• @levensonles

The difference between my screenshot and your screenshot appears to be that I tapped on the 'separator' option, whereas you have not? What happens when you tap on 'hyphens' next to 'separator'?

Ben

• levensonles
    levensonles
    Community Member

Ha! That works. It didn’t even occur to me to change the hyphens. Thanks so much ! :)

• No worries. :) Glad to hear that helps. :+1:

Ben

• darkakia
    darkakia
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

@Ben

What we want the new password cloud be choose.
    We don't want so much letters in the new password.
    Password strength is enough by one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers.

More numbers in the password that users keyin password by ten-key board on phone easier and faster.

In old ver, user can create a password which is one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers.
    but in new ver. user can't do it.

Please think it for users who aren't Native English speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you always ask users "What benefit does this provide?"
    Users who aren't Native English speakers cloud not tell you what they want clearly on this community. They will abort 1Password App. Paying users of 1Password who aren't Native English speakers will be less.

Change it back, OK???????????????

• darkakia
    darkakia
    Community Member

Many users want password generator back to old ver. that can create a password which is one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers.

Like this one:

A password of one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one symbol and several numbers,
    a password of one number, one symbol and several letters,
    the password strength are the same.
    but, the password which is created by several letters isn't friendly to who aren't Native English speakers.
    The password which is created by several numbers is more friendly to who aren't Native English speakers.
    especially on a smartphone.

Don't live in the world of English only.
    There are so many users who aren't Native English speakers.

If you want to make more money by 1password,
    Do something right for us, for the user of other languages.
    Watch appraise of other languages in Appstore, you'll know the new ver why get so much one star, and so much five stars for old ver.

If you insist on new ver password generator, which only create letters password, not several numbers,
    you will lost more and more users (especially who want to pay for 1password).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @darkakia! At the moment we don't have anything to share about this, but we will definitely keep your thoughts in mind while we keep working on the password generator :+1:

• kfrisbie
    kfrisbie
    Community Member

Am I missing something. 7.6 worked great. 7.7 feels like a downgrade. I have hundreds of entries that I need to change passwords for and they all have different requirements. 7.7 broke my ability to create the specific passwords I want. This has worked fine for years, what happened?

• Hi folks,

You can read about the logic behind the changes from our Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts, Jeff Goldberg, here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/508219/#Comment_508219

Ben

This discussion has been closed.