How to add more vaults to dropbox sync 1Password 7 Mac?

jedmonds
jedmonds
Community Member

Hi,

I've got a Dropbox Families account and on my Mac (the main 1Password device), I have multiple vaults. However, when I try to sync through Dropbox to my iPhone, I can only select the Primary vault on the Mac for syncing to Dropbox.

How do I add the other vaults on my Mac to the Dropbox sync?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync vaults

Comments

• Hi @jedmonds

What format are the sync files for these vaults in Dropbox? i.e. Are they Agile Keychains, or OPVaults? If they are Agile Keychains they are no longer supported as of v7. You'd need to turn of syncing for each vault in question, re-enable it (creating an OPVault), and then set each device to sync with those sync files. Once complete you'd want to delete the Agile Keychains to avoid confusion.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jedmonds
    jedmonds
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I never even thought of Keychains. They are all vaults within 1Password. Problem is, when I go to setup Sync on my Mac (which is where all the vaults are), it only allows me to sync the "Primary" vault. I can't add or see any of the other vaults in order to sync them to Dropbox.

Thanks,

• @jedmonds

If you open 1Password > Preferences > Sync on the Mac do you see all of your vaults, or just Primary?

Ben

• jedmonds
    jedmonds
    Community Member

Just Primary.

• @jedmonds

Are the other vaults part of a 1Password membership? Is anything listed in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts on the Mac? If so, then you can access those vaults by signing into that 1Password account in 1Password for iOS:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/?ios

1Password accounts don't sync using Dropbox and as such there are no sync settings for them. They are automatically synced by 1Password itself. If that is the situation please verify that you know the password for your account by signing in at https://start.1password.com in a web browser on your Mac. Once you are sure you know that password, in 1Password for Mac, switch to the Personal vault using the vault switcher at the top left of the 1Password window, and then select Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vault to Account. This will migrate the contents of the Primary vault and then remove it. Afterwards you will unlock 1Password using your account password. Please also verify that Primary is removed from your iOS device.

Thanks!

Ben

• jedmonds
    jedmonds
    Community Member

Thanks, that explains it all. I had multiple accounts plus a personal vault from all the incarnations of 1Password over the years. I've cleaned it all up, just have one account, migrated the personal vault and now it's all working perfectly.

Thanks so much for the help and explanation!

• Excellent. That is great news, @jedmonds. Glad to hear that sorted it. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.